Whilst the Logan River and District Family History Society encourages people to try and do their own research, so that they can enjoy the thrill of finding out details of their ancestors, we understand that some people will be unable to do this due to, work and family comitments, no longer living in the area, illness preventing them from travel, limited knowledge of resources available for the area of research, etc. For these people we can offer a research service, but this may be limited due to the number of researchers available at the time of request. All research requests are done on a first received first researched.
Research Services for Members:
Country, interstate and overseas members are entitled to five hours research of our resources per year, but will be expected to pay for any certificates, cost of printing and postage.
If the member wishes to have further research done then a reduced research fee of $15.00 per hour plus cost of certificates, printing and postage will be charged.
Research for Non-members:
Research of our resources for Non-members will be charged at $20.00 per hour or part thereof, plus cost of certificates, printing and postage. Payment for the first hour must be received with the request for research before any research will be carried out. If the research cannot be completed within the first hour, then we will contact you with an estimate of the time require to complete the research and your permission to carry on. All additional charges will be invoiced to you at the end of the research.
If you wish to visit our rooms and carry out research yourself then you can do this. For this you will be charged a day fee of $5.00 plus the cost of any printing.
How to submit a Research request:
You will need to:
- Write to the Society setting out clearly what information you require to be checked.
- What research has already been done and what resources you have already checked. The more information given to us will stop us having to check resources already checked by you. This will save our time and you money.
- Copies of certificates and documents regarding your research inquiry should be attached where possible.
- A copy of the pedigree chart for the family being researched should be attached where possible.
- Enclose a large stamped shelf addressed envelope and payment for the first hour. Payment should be by cheque or money order and made payable to Logan River & District FHS Inc.
- The postal address is Logan River & District Family History Society Inc., PO Box 601, Waterford Qld 4133
Our Society will:
- Provide you with all the results found regarding your inquiry.
- Provide you with a list of all sources checked for your inquiry (including those which did not give any result regarding your enquiry).
- Where appropriate, give details of any further avenues of research which may help with your enquiry.